Columbia Grain International, LLC is a global leader in the origination, processing, logistics and distribution of high-quality bulk grains, pulses, edible beans, oilseeds, and organics for domestic and worldwide export markets. Our vertically integrated company is headquartered in Portland, OR, and we own and operate over 60 facilities including grain elevators and pulse processing plants across WA, ID, MT, NE, and ND.
At all levels of our organization, our employees are some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We’ve spent over 40 years cultivating lasting partnerships with a wide network of producers and the local communities surrounding our facilities, which enables us to source the highest quality product to “make markets” and fulfill our mission of nourishing the world, safely.
Buyer Intern objectives will be to follow elevator Manager, Manager trainee, Ops manager and fellow employees of the location. Learning of elevator systems, running the scales, grading and proper binning of product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Learning how to dump/process trucks. Learning how the accounting and daily business of tracking DPR and filling of days business. Other aspects will be the loading of Shuttle/rail cars, loading of trucks, following local competition and personal service to producers. Immersive learning of markets and the customer base of the company. All while maintains a safe work environment, always practicing safe work and following safety restrictions.
- Pursuing a four-year degree in Business of an Agriculture-related field.
- Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment a plus.
- Familiarity with writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, storage, interest, commissions, ratios and conversions quickly and accurately.
- Good work ethic (team environment, both safety and quality), efficiency and willingness to perform all required work with good attendance.
Physical Requirements necessary to perform this job
- Must be able to move freely throughout the operations plant to include walking on elevated platforms, standing, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crawling
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and move up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme climate temperatures, humidity and noise
- Must be able to work in high places and confined spaces (height up to 100 feet).
- Occasionally required to taste and smell
- May be required to wear protective equipment to include hard hat, safety glasses, protective footwear, gloves, coveralls, and other PPE as required.
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"*" indicates required fields